ANATOLIAN JOURNAL OF EDUCATION (AJE)
Anatolian Journal of Education (AJE) is a refereed international journal of education and published biannual (in April & October). The aim of this journal is to publish high quality studies in the areas of instruction, learning, teaching, curriculum development, learning environments, teacher education, educational technology, educational developments, measurement and evaluation, and educational statistics. Studies may relate to any age level - from infants to adults.
- The manuscripts that have been submitted to AJE are first evaluated by the Editorial Board in terms of various criteria such as purpose, research topic, content, presentation style and mechanics of writing.
- The articles sent to the Journal are always reviewed by two members of the Editorial Advisory Board, and in some cases, if necessary, by another member of the Editorial Board.
- Depending on the evaluation reports of the members of the Editorial Advisory Board, articles are published or rejected.
- Article evaluation process takes approximately three months.
- The authors are responsible for the errors, if any, in their published articles.
- The articles should not be published elsewhere.
Notes for Authors
Contributors submitting their work to Anatolian Journal of Instruction should be informed that:
- AJE seeks to publish articles from all areas of education. Articles should include quantitative, qualitative research, comprehensive literature reviews, meta-analysis, model proposals and similar original writings.
- The articles should not be published elsewhere previously. If the article has been presented at any seminar or conference, the name of the conference, the institution where it has been presented and the date of the presentation should be mentioned.
- AJE gives priority to current studies using advanced research and statistical methods and techniques.
- AJE considers original contribution to the field and competency in methodology.
- Authors have responsibility for the content of the published.
- Articles may not be quoted without citing AJE and the author(s).
- The Journal is published in English. Thus, the articles need to be written in English.
- Once an article is accepted for publication the first author of the article assigns to the AJE the entire copyright in their manuscript; that is, AJE has a permission to use, disseminate, and reproduce the article when seen necessary.
- The manuscripts submitted should comply with the formatting rules (please click here for Sample Manuscript Format)
Manuscripts sent to the AJE take the following process;
- If there is more than one author, the author for the editorial correspondence should be stated.
- A reference number is assigned to the manuscripts and are saved to the database.
- After the manuscript was submitted, an authentication response is sent to the corresponding author.
- Manuscripts submitted are evaluated in the first Editorial Board meeting.
- Studies which comply with the principles mentioned above are subject for the evaluation phase.
- Editorial Board reports the justified decision for the studies which do not comply with the principles mentioned.
- Editorial Board does not inform the authors of the manuscripts which are in the evaluation phase.
- Manuscripts that pass the Editorial Board's evaluation are sent to experts in the relevant field. If the reviewers are of different opinions regarding the quality of your work, the paper will be referred to a third reviewer. If the referee reports are positive, the manuscripts will be designated for publication.
- Referee reports remain confidential throughout this process. Authors have to be attentive to the criticisms, suggestions and corrections of the referees and the Editorial Board.
Based on Referee Evaluation Reports, Editorial Board decides;
- to approve the study
- to evaluate the study again after the issues stated in referee evaluation reports have been resolved.
- not to publish the tudy.
- Referees' review reports and Editorial Board notes are sent to the author(s).
- After the last revision, the revised article is sent to the AJE Editorial Board.
- Page layouts and the overall design of the article is re-arranged.
- The article's last version is sent to the authors for any
- At first, the article is published and can be viewed in “Early Release” section.
- Articles published as “Early Release” are prepared for publication and printed by assigning a unique article number.